These studies utilize both anesthetized and awake animals, and once these compounds are properly radiolabeled, Ekam can:
- Follow the biodistribution of these compounds through the body over time
- Where is the compound going?
- How does it clear out?
- Evaluate compound efficacy
- Determine the uptake rates by the tumor
- Follow the biometrics of tumor volume
For these molecular imaging studies, we utilize advanced, high-throughput analysis techniques with automated reporting (tailored results, automated analysis, and PDF reports/plots), online data storage/management and real-time access to study data. We also have significant expertise in developing studies and conducting analysis for oncology conditions/compounds.
Imaging animal models for Drug discovery in the areas of
- Impulsivity and violence
- Male and female sexual motivation
- Stress, fear and anxiety
- Learning and memory
- Neuropathic pain
- Parkinson’s disease